Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Road Trip + A Broken Leg


We four took a last minute road trip to Utah last week, and had a really great time.
Until, we took our sweet girl broke her leg!
I can't tell you how much I have wished we could take back those fifteen minutes on the trampoline.
Poor girl!
After a visit to the ER and finding out she fractured her proximal tibia, we headed back home.
Presley was a good sport on the drive home.
We met with a Doctor yesterday and got a permanent cast on, hot pink with red glitter, of course!
So, it is not the kick off to summer I had in mind, but we are trying to enjoy some good movies, lots of arts and crafts, and enjoying the sunshine on a blanket with different activities.
(major perk to have my parents backyard right now!  We don't have a yard at our place.)

Any suggestions of fun things to do without any weight bearing on her leg, we would love!!
I am grateful for Presley's strong legs and hoping for a speedy recovery.





Presley wanting only her mommy through the pain.  A lot of snuggles were had.


My happiest boy, I'm in love!

 

The splint, and my very brave girl.  She had a very painful few days.

Enjoying the sunset on a blanket in the yard.

16 comments:

jacie said...

poor little gorgeous girl :( broken bones are no fun, im sure!

puzzles, word magnets on a cookie sheet, legos, books, bubbles, walks in a wagon, puppets, let her put makeup on mommy, do her hair, playdough, movie marathon...

here's another site i found:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/506631-activities-for-a-child-with-a-broken-leg/

good luck & lots of prayers!
jace

Elle said...

hands down, cutest family ever. breaking a bone at the beginning of summer is really hard. hopefully it heals fast! :)

Katherine Fajen said...

Trampolines are the WORST. Remember me at Lisa's wedding? I hate them! Poor little girl, I hope things heal quickly!

The Locklins said...

Oh poor little lady. I hope she heals up quickly. We like painting with water on our chalkboard. It dries up so fast in the sun. And it's mess free.

Ana Antunes said...

Poor sweet girl. I hoppe she can handle the pain and I'm sure Ford is going to make her laugh to help her!...

AaReAn said...

oooh broken legs are the worst...especially tiny little ones! :-(

So glad I stumbled upon your blog! Come on over and follow along my blog all about color! :-)

Camille said...

What a bummer! I feel your pain. We've had 2 broken arms, and 1 broken foot, either at the beginning of the summer, or right at the end. No fun at all! You'll be amazed at how resilient she is, though. She'll find a way to have fun! (:

Mandy said...

I broke my leg on the trampoline when I was about her age. My mom said the worst part was carrying me everywhere because I was so heavy with the cast. I recovered so well and honestly can't even tell if it was my Left or Right leg I broke. I hope she recovers quickly!

Lindsay said...

Poor Presley!!! I hate that and hope she has a very speedy recovery. She is the cutest thing and I love the family pictures you posted!

Heather said...

Hoping your little sweet girl feels better soon! Cute pics!

Michelle said...

Awww poor Presley! So sorry this happened to your little girl... Sending get well wishes from NC!!!!!

Ingrid said...

Oh poor girl. Rough start to the summer. I have found lot of fun craft/activities on pinteret, so check them out. My girls love bananagrams, boggle, Jenga. Starfall and ABCYA are good educational computer games she could do. Painting on canvas. Oh good luck. I also would love to know where that ikat pillowcase is from. They would be great in my girls room.

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

i would suggest painting, drawing or playing some kind of instrument..things that will enhance creativity...hope all is well!

Madebygirl.blogspot.com
MadeByGirl.com

Abby said...

Poor thing. Our son broke his arm last summer. Total bummer. I will say go for the waterproof cast cover on amazon. Makes bath times so much easier and it even allowed or little guy to participate in some water day activities!!

Katie said...

Poor girl! I broke my leg when I was five on April Fool's Day jumping on the trampoline! I just remember watching lots of good movies, coloring like nobody's business, and spending lots of quality time with my moma! I hope it goes by fast for her and you!

Sienna Christie said...

How is Presley now? I hope she had a speedy recovery and that she never incurs any more injury on her leg. Trampolines are undoubtedly fun, but can cause injuries at the same time. I hope you're having it checked regularly to rule out any underlying problems. Anyway, I wish the next summer won’t be like this for you. Take care!

Sienna Christie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...