Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby Ford's Blessing

Ford with his namesake, S.R.D. on his special day

Last Sunday was a special day for our family.
We blessed baby Ford with every single member of his family there!  
It is very rare that we would have everyone in town, 
so we knew we had to take advantage of that and do his blessing a bit early.
After the blessing we all headed back to my parents for some great food and sweet treats!
It was the perfect day.
I loved looking around and being surrounded by our family.

My Dad gave Dan a bag of rolled up Ford shirts to pass out instead of cigars.
With all of us together on Sunday, it was the perfect opportunity to get this photo.
All the men in Ford's life.
(no, we did not name him after the car, just a play on words :)



I wanted to keep things fairly simple, since I was just a little over three weeks out.
I made labels for the food and dessert, printed up some photos of Ford, and used banners and straws from my baby shower.
It all turned out great, and most importantly the food was amazing!







I don't eat burgers myself,
but we found it appropriate to celebrate our baby boy with mini burgers.
The Davis' love a good burger so it was the perfect accent to all the salads.



Mexican Coke, my favorite!



16 comments:

L said...

Oh, he is SOO cute!!

Can I ask where you got your lemon cookie recipe?

Sara said...

Beyond precious! :) And love the name Ford!

Kris and Corissa said...

Super adorable. Congratulations!

Lindsay R said...

looks perfect!

Lauren said...

Looks beautiful! What's in a butternut squash salad and a Santa Rosa salad?

♥ Audrey Crisp said...

Beautiful blessing!

Stacy Dickinson said...

Looks wonderful! Congratulations on your blessing!

Mary www.MyGreenDiet.com said...

Love the photo of Ford at the top. He is so handsome!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

So cute! Will you please give out some off your recipes?! and where is that pedestal table and chairs from the little girls are sitting at....soooooo cute! Is that your yard!? Beautiful!

Michelle said...

Absolutely special!!!!! Baby Ford is simply A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! You look So Beautiful as always Mama!

Jaclyn said...

You look so great! What a beautiful family.

Kat said...

Ford is a great name! {it's also my son's middle name! Lovely party!

Rach said...

I want to know your beauty/makeup routine. That last picture is so pretty!

Andrew said...

Love me some mexican coke too! So sad I missed this sweet boys blessing. The party looks real tasty too! I love that the banner & straws came in handy...they look so cute with the labels you made etc.

natalie todd said...

I came across your blog through some mutual friends and I just had to tell you your father in law was our bishop in LA. We loved him! Him and Julie are great people. Your blog, house and fam are all darling.

Next time you see him tell him the Todd's say hi.

Special 'K' said...

Congratulations! I love the name. My first visit here to your special space, so I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...