Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chocolate Crackle Cookies




I am sad to not be doing neighbor gifts (sweet treats packaged up nice) this year.
This month we are simplifying with all that is coming up.
But, I was craving some of my favorite Christmas cookies, and some of our friends in the neighborhood did luck out since I made a double batch!
I want to make another batch today - I like them that much!
I recommend you make yourself, or Santa some of these cooks this holiday season!


I'll repost the recipe below:

Chocolate Crackle Cookies
(or as we now call them, snowman cookies)
recipe adapted from Martha Stewart

1 bag chocolate chips, half semi sweet, half milk chocolate
1 1/4 c flour**
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
8 T (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
1 1/3 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1/3 c milk
1 c. granulated sugar, for rolling
1 c. powdered sugar, for rolling
(I coat them in a lot of powdered sugar, they turn out prettier that way)

** I added a little more flour since it is pretty runny - but remember you are chilling the dough so it can be a bit runny**

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate chips over medium low heat, careful to not burn. Let cool. In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In your mixer beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined. Add melted chocolate to dough, combine. Alternate adding milk and dry ingredients until just combined.

Divide dough and wrap in plastic. Chill in refrigerator until firm, about 2 hours. Remove dough, roll into 1 inch balls and dust in bowl of granulated sugar, and then powdered sugar. Place on silpat-lined cookie sheet. Bake about 12 minutes until cookies have flattened and sugar cracks.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Cason and Marie said...

Yum! I'll have to try these. I remember forever ago, you made some chocolate cookies with rolos (I think) inside the middle. I'd love it if you posted that recipe or email it to me. Thanks Nicci!

Miss Rubio said...

These look delicious...will have to try them for sure.

youresomartha said...

i love these as well. to simplify even more, you can make these with a cake mix, cream cheese, butter and an egg. i make them all the time! the recipe is from paula deen, so you know they have to be good :) she calls them chocolate gooey butter cookies http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chocolate-gooey-butter-cookies-recipe/index.html

i've never tried to make them from scratch, but i will try your recipe out to compare!

Emily Curfew said...

Hi! I've always made the Lion House Desserts recipe for these- but I love trying out new recipes! Will be making thee tomorrow for a little cookie exchange party. Happy holidays x 3 with your bday and new little boys arrival! Very exciting!!

♥ Audrey Crisp said...

I'm so glad you posted this recipe! When I saw them on your instagram I was so jealous of these cookies. I love these and totally wanna make them now! Thanks!

uggs blog said...

It is a great fantastic useful resource you are furnishing also , you yes the item absent totally free. replica uggsI adore experiencing web sites of which realize on-line associated with furnishing a reputable useful resource totally free. It’s this aged what exactly is going all over arrives all over workout.lately,rolex watches are very hot,I don't know what do you think about it ?let us have a exchange here!

Emily Curfew said...

Made these last night instead of lion house ones. MUCH better, take a little more work (melting choc) and more patience (chilling for a couple hours)... But so worth it!! My husband is obsessed. Definitely a new fave. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Ridgely's Radar said...

YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...