Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Decorating and An Old DIY: Felt Wreath


Our little family has started the tradition of decorating our house for Christmas every year on Black Friday.
So even though I've never been out shopping on Black Friday, we do get up, turn on the Christmas music and unload the Christmas boxes.
I love it and am dying to get my decorations out every year.
I thought I would re post some of previous year's crafts for you all.
I also try and make something new each year for our home's decor.  

Here is a little tutorial on how to make this felt wreath.  Any color combo will do, but I do love the white, cream, and grey.



Last week a couple of friends and I got together for a craft night.
Obviously I am obsessed with crafting and felt this holiday season - I can't get enough.
These wreaths were super easy and props to Ashly for figuring out how to make them!

What you'll need:
Styrofoam wreath (or any wreath base)
Felt, one color or multiple
Hot glue gun
Any embellishments


Cut your felt into a square
These do not need to be perfect, I liked that mine were all different sizes.


Fold in half and cut a half circle


Cut slits into half circle getting pretty close to the center.
Once again, I made 4-5 slits, it can differ


I used white, creme, and grey


After cutting all of my circles, I used a pencil to glue the felt to the wreath.
First, wrap the felt around the eraser end, and generously dot with glue gun.


Then push the felt into the styrofoam and hold to let dry.


I wanted to put glittered birds and what nots in mine, but didn't find what I was looking for,
so I made a Happy Holidays sign and placed that in the middle.


Hope that tutorial helps!

10 comments:

Arlene Marie said...

darling! I'm with C & C. You need to create one or two of you DIY items and sell them in your shop all year long. always charming and always to die for. xoxo

Amy said...

Can you tell us about how much felt we would need? Thank you! Looks darling.

Lovin That! said...

Looks beautiful! Love the white and cream...

The Hanlon's said...

That's really cute! Did it take a while to put together? I would love to do my own wreath, but don't have a ton of time before Christmas

Amy R. said...

Love it! This looks easy and it really turned out cute! Thanks for sharing.

Amy R.

Pinecone said...

I was just doing a felt craft too!!

I love this idea - might have to give it a go :)

Ashlyn

Miss Rubio said...

What a great tradition. We had the tradition of decorating xmas tree on thanksgiving every year, need to start that up again, maybe next year. Love the wreath.

Emily said...

Beautiful! I love this.
xo

andy brienne said...

that's adorable. like, pinterest-worthy.

Catarina Santi said...

loooove this modern tradition :)

its just lovely :)

santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...