Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Wedding of Mikelle & Jud


I am so excited to share with you photos from the wedding I styled for Mikelle and Jud!
The wedding was in May in Salt Lake City, Utah at the McCune Mansion.
We didn't want to distract from the beautiful and historical mansion, and the bride really wanted the evening to feel classic, romantic, intimate and not the least bit trendy. 
The day was perfect, and the gorgeous newlyweds were happy and so in love.

All photos are taken by Jessica Janae Photography.


I blogged about the beautiful couple and their amazing style here.  I die over her dress!


How gorgeous is the bride?  It definitely helped that she was stunning, stylish, and sure of her visual voice.
 
 The groom in a bow tie of course.

The bride's bouquet inspired by the bride's favorite flowers, peonies.
Blush tones and a very romantic feel.


 The entry.



 The McCune Mansion has such a great presence, we were able to highlight it's beauty without taking away from the architectural detail.
We really wanted the mansion to be a large part of the aesthetic.

 The florals were very romantic.  Sprigs at each place setting, loose centerpieces, and everything drenched in candlelight.





 I posted about these books that I made inspired by a Martha Stewart Weddings guest sign in idea.

 The bride's cousin is an artist, we had her sketch different scenes throughout the evening.


 We wanted to have photos of the couple from childhood to engagement, but we wanted to put our own twist on it rather than a video montage playing.  This was our take.  Can you tell that I am obsessed with interior styling and wanted to bring a touch of that in?  Color and black and white photos were placed in vintage and new frame collections through out the mansion.





 We had a harpist playing throughout the garden hors d'oeuvres and during the sit down dinner.

 The framed photos were a great conversation piece for guests as well!




 A live band serenaded the dance floor for the last hour during the cake, dancing, and dessert.

 Dessert table.




 The bride and groom's send off with handfuls of dried lavender.
Well wishes to the gorgeous couple!  
It was such a great experience to work with the Petersen's and get to know them.
Thank you for trusting me with my first time styling a wedding!
xo


List of Resources:
Photographer - Jessica Janae
Floral Design - Studio Stems
Catering - The Blended Table
Dress - Anne Barge, top designed by Bride from Alta Moda
Hair and make up - Biz Lalli
Shoes  - Anthropologie
Stylist - Me, Nicole Davis

15 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow that wedding is gorgeous. How perfect and I adore her dress!

Emily | Recently said...

Perfect in every way. It looks like you have a long and successful career ahead of you!

Erica and Nathaniel said...

The harpist is a childhood friend of mine, how fun! She is wonderful! The wedding looks absolutely beautiful!

bryn alexandra interiors said...

Oh my gosh, AMAZING!!!!! I could totally see this wedding in Martha Stewart Weddings.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

Such a beautiful wedding.

This is GOOD stuff.


Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

maria said...

gorgeous job! I adore her sleeved wedding dress, so timeless and beautiful.

elizgonz said...

The dress!

brooke field said...

Wow, perfect!

Photosbyvan said...

I love love everything about this wedding, simple, sweet, heartfelt, warm and nothing but fairytell. The brides shoes are amazing!!! And the venue is wonderful!!!! A plus!!! Makes me want to get married again. ;o)

The S's beach house said...

What a lovely wedding! You did such an amazing job! I can not get over the framed photos, so perfect! I love visiting peoples homes and looking at there photos, what a great idea for a wedding!

the waites said...

ahhh so dreamy!

Katherine Fajen said...

I am in love with that dress...WOW! Is it slightly pink?? So cute.

Miss Rubio said...

Wow this is stunning...perfection. The bride is stunning, and that dress...Oh My!! Nicole, you did an amazing job.

l i n d s a y said...

So perfect and timeless. I love the sprigs, dried lavender, the photography is making my heart hurt and wow what a beautiful bride. Wish I still had a wedding to plan so you could by my stylist!

Lauren said...

So romantic and beautifully simple. The whole thing looks straight from a magazine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...