Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baby Boy Shower

Last week we celebrated my soon to be nephew and it was a party!
Brittany (Shannon's sister), Suzanne (my sister in law), and I threw an all white baby shower with touches of green.
We also had a baby boy themed photo booth as entertainment instead of games.
It was a hit!

 Here are the invites that the talented Ashly of Kidlark designed for the party:
The back had a darling green pin dot that will not load.  And they were a smaller sized invite.

The yummy spread.  
Every single thing on that table was unreal!  
Thank you again to everyone who brought something.
We had them bring their food in a white dish, and provided some for those that didn't have anything.
I love how pretty the table turned out with the all white, touches of green, and the contrast of the chalkboard labels.
We got the chalkboard labels from this etsy shop, and asked for them to be made without stands.




 The mama to be has had a serious craving for root beer, so this was the drink all dressed up in green bow ties.
Succulents in place of flowers and candles on burlap to pop against the white table cloth.



 These paper mobiles were so easy to make!  
I had seen this idea at Soel Boutique and logged it away to use someday.
All of the above photos are by the talented Kristy Dunning.

For our make shift photo booth we had a white back drop and a basket of props.
Our baby boy props included:
baby dolls, heart pillow, pregnancy belly,
bubble signs: I heart Cash, my mom is hotter than yours, and oh BOY!,
bow ties and mustaches (created from this pdf file)

mommy to be
It was a great way to entertain everyone while others were eating and arriving.
I can not wait for this baby boy to get here!

28 comments:

Cason and Marie said...

I love this!! Such a fun party! Shannon looks too good to be pregnant. Cute group of girls.

Meghan said...

I'm going to have to save this post for future reference. Great inspiration! I love the simple colors and the succulents with the burlap. It all turned out beautifully!!! What a lucky gal to have you as a SIL!

Swirls of Happy said...

Fabulous!! Def stealing this idea for my sister!!

caitlin wilson said...

ooohhh my that must have been the best party...i'm so sad i wasn't there. such cute ideas. xo

Ashly said...

Wait why am I the only solo pic...that's embarrassing. It really was such a darling party. I know I have said it already, but all of that food was amazing!

s.calder said...

So pretty! Did you make those cute chalkboard labels or where did they come from?

Audrey Crisp said...

So cute!

Suzanne said...

I just love all the details! Now hoping someone gets pregnant with a boy!! how did you make the super easy mobiles?...Guessing maybe paint swatches?

Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} said...

What a fun party! Love the photo booth. And congrats to the family!

Barbie said...

Oh fun! I didn't know Shannon was pregnant! Congrats if you're reading, Shannon!! How fun that Lisa, you and Shannon are all expecting together. Cute cute ideas.

sarah marie. said...

cutest shower ever obviously. everyone looks darling and shan's legs still look the bomb. must be nice. so sad i missed it..

{molly beth} said...

This is the cutest baby shower ever. Oh my goodness! And his name is going to be Cash? Even CUTER!

xoxo.
http://alwaysamrsforeverakidd.blogspot.com

Happiness Is... said...

I love the simplicity and elegance of that shower. So understated and perfect.

Ridgely's Radar said...

Wow! What a great shower! The food looks delicious and the photobooth pictures are hysterical!

J + M said...

Cutest shower ever, such a blast! Loved the photobooth...still regretting not jumping in! Great work!

Heather {The Lovely Cupboard} said...

SO cute! I hosted a bow tie themed baby shower for my BFF recently. Wish I would have seen your photo booth idea beforehand:)


http://www.thelovelycupboard.com/2011/07/little-mister-bow-tie-baby-shower.html

Sanders Family said...

So adorable. Where did you get the chalkboard labels?

Ali said...

Love the photo booth idea!! Where did you get the pregnancy belly? So funny that you had it!

chelsea said...

beth and the weights... im dying. way to improvise.
great shower, nicci :)

Unknown said...

Fun! How can you go wrong with succulents? What a great touch. Thanks for always posting such creative and beautiful ideas!

Lula. said...

That looks like a serious party!
Everything you do is absolutely darling and so classy. I love all the pregnant bellies on the friends, too!

Scott & Adie said...

Darling! and fresh and crisp! I especially love the bow ties on the root beers and the photo booth pictures! Cash is already so loved :)

Shelly Hyde said...

Oh you guys look like so much fun. Wish i coulda had my fat face in the mix with you gals. xoxo. so happy for shans

Melissa said...

That orzo salad looks amazing!! Anyway you might have access to that recipe to repost?!

First House on the Right said...

Such a great shower! Nicolex

Michelle said...

Beautiful!!!!! The food looked amazing,and I love the photo booth, with fun props!!!!!!



Michelle Torres
decorater4life@aol.com

BethanyPeterson said...

im so glad you didn't post all of the photo booth pics. such a fun shower hosted by the best in honor of the best. shan&ca$h4L

Stacey Sargent said...

So cute! Love the photobooth! So wish I was there, and so wish I was pregnant like everyone else in the pics.. too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...