Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Presley Cake Update


We of course made Presley's Cake on her birthday to celebrate.
(and blew out candles about 17 times.)
But I would say this was the best batch I have made and wanted to share my tips.
First, I made the icing with one stick of butter and one package cream cheese - 
it turned out lumpy and not that tasty, so I threw it out.
I would recommend sticking with the original recipe and just use butter.
I also let the butter whip until fluffy, then added the powdered sugar slowly,
and added blended fresh strawberries.
It was seriously so good!
So if you've tried it the other way, try it again without cream cheese.


6 comments:

classic • casual • home said...

Oh wow...what an awesome cake and lucky girl!

pollydove said...

what a darling picture! and I LOVE that you kept relighting the candles for her!!!! xo

brooke field said...

I love how talk you made it this time!

brooke field said...

*tall. :)

Ridgely's Radar said...

Looks delicious!

Cheryl E. said...

So cute and lookd delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...