Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bubbles & Butterfly Party

The birthday girl


The spread.
The beautiful painting by Rachel Robbins, all of Presley's favorite snacks, handmade paper butterflies, and party favors.  
I use the Presley circle banner at every birthday party made by sweet Caitlin for Presley's baby shower.
I of course had to make my favorite fringed streamers seen on Oh Happy Day!
We also had tons of balloons and streamers around the gazebo.




 
We had four different bubble stations set up.
Bubble machines with butterfly catching nets to catch all the bubbles.
A bubble bucket with kitchen gadgets that make bubbles too.
A bubble bucket with all different size wands, bubbles blowers, and bubble frames.
Last, and the favorite, was the pool filled with bubble solution and a hula hoop to make giant bubbles over the kids. I saw this idea on one charming party.







We had a watercolor and crayon station when the kids showed up to paint butterflies. 


 Took a break from bubble making for snacks.





Then had a short lived water balloon toss!


 And the presents before we spent the rest of the party eating a sweet treat and playing with the bubbles.


Luckily we had plenty of water and juice boxes - it was maybe the hottest day of summer we've had yet!





We served home made ice cream sandwiches.  I saw a friend of mine did something like this for a family party and I knew I had to do this for Presley's party.  It was nice to mix things up a bit and the kids loved making their own!
We sandwiched a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two home made chocolate cookies,
the kids then rolled their sandwiches in the topping of their choice.
Rainbow sprinkles were definitely the favorite, some kids did a little of each.




Crushed oreos, graham crackers, and mini chocolate chips


The ice cream sandwiches were a hit and helped cool us all down in the summer heat.



Simple party favors: I bought bubbles, put on our own label based off the invite, and made star and heart wands out of gold pipe cleaners.


 Even after an entire party full of bubbles, the kids still couldn't wait to open their party favors and play with more bubbles.
And I was worried that bubbles wouldn't entertain them the whole time ...

Can you tell someone had a good time at her party?
My happy little three year old.

28 comments:

Melissa said...

What a perfect party!! Love all the bubbles and the ice cream sandwhiches. So fun!!!

maria said...

what a sweet and cute party!!! looks like a great time!

Michelle+Ellie said...

i love the ice cream sandwiches! cute party:)

ALi said...

love the butterfly and bubble idea, such a cute party!

Pia said...

Nicole, I have been reading your blog for months. I actually met with Ashlee Raubach to photograph my wedding. This party is Beautiful, LOVED IT!! good job and congratulations on your new addition! :)

www.mariapiajordan.com

jena said...

the ice cream sandwiches idea is awesome!

Marie said...

This is way cute! Love all of it :)
xx Marie

Cheryl E. said...

I am totally in love with her party...perfection! Every girls dream.

Erin Elizabeth said...

Adorable party!! Love love the ice cream sandwiches...I'm totally stealing that idea:)

Ali said...

Such a great party!! I love how whimsical everything was - perfect for a 3 yr old princess!

adrianne said...

That is the cutest party I have ever seen. Entertaining and fun, yet not too over the top! Great work:):)
<3,
Adri
Dream Book Design

amyloudotcom said...

wow this looks like such a fun party thank you for showing it off made me giggle the pics of the little ones in the bubbles :)

Chrissy said...

This party turned out perfect! Wish we didn't miss all the fun! I can't believe P is 3. Happy birthday sweet girl!

Ash June said...

Her first Girl Boy party

Swell Girl said...

Loved the party! It was so much fun and my kids couldn't get enough. P is so special to me, I love her so much. Can't believe how old she has gotten.

PS I posted a spotlight of the cookies from the party on my blog. I couldn't resist!

Ridgely's Radar said...

What fun! Looks like a great party!

Barbie said...

So so cute. Love how you pulled it all off, just as Presley asked. And loving that it wasn't a princess party yet it is so girly all the same.

Scott & Adie said...

So proud of the beautiful mama you are - creating such sweet memories. I agree with the comments above - fun and stylish, but sweet and simple.

tiffany garfield photography said...

what a cute and fun party nicole! happy birthday to Presley!

The Keetch Family said...

That really was the cutest little party. Haven had a blast. I love the homemade ice cream sandwiches. how did you pull all that off? You amazing me! We love little Pres and were so happy to celebrate the big 3 with her!

Michaela said...

Adorable party!! I love the theme. Your little one is just the cutest little girl (:

Sarah MacMillan {Prairie Perch} said...

What an awesome party! You just kept going and going with the fabulous fun. I'd say you outdid yourself in a very good way. (All worth it for your little girl.)

UtahJenny said...

What a beautiful party - I visit your blog often, just get a good dose of pretty! Anyhow - I just had to comment on this post - we have a little boy who was born within days of your little girl - and his name is Elvis - (okay - middle name - I wasn't quite bold enough to slap that on the front of him) - it just made me giggle to see a Pressley and an Elvis born at the same time - what was in the air, I wonder?

Tracey said...

So much fun stuff! Well done you. x

jessica said...

so sweet and simple. i love your style!

Lula. said...

SO darling! You are just simply talented. And what a beautiful Presley girl!

Stacey Sargent said...

What a fun party, and of course I love seeing the pics of my nephews! Man, we miss Ladera!

Zane Wooder said...

The birthday girl better hold on to those balloons or there going to fly away. Looks like the kids enjoyed the ice cream sandwiches.

-Zane of ontario honey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...