Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding Guest Book


 I posted a few weeks back about the wedding I helped style for Mikelle and Jud here.  I haven't gotten my hands on any of the wedding photos yet, but I thought I'd share one of the details of the wedding.
(Please excuse the lovely iphone photos!)
We wanted to create something different than the usual sign in book, something that the bride and groom would love looking back at and reading through.  When we saw this genius idea from Martha Stewart Weddings, I knew we had to use it!
The templates are only for the brighter colors and the bride was wanting the wedding dinner to be very romantic and timeless so I created books with ivory covers and espresso type in Illustrator.
The books were a hit at the party and everyone enjoyed finding a question they wanted to answer for the bride and groom.  I love that this will be a treasured keepsake - and added bonus - it will always look great on their shelves!
(The recommended blank notebooks from Start Here link together.)

Side note:  We had so many tables for dinner that we decided to have eight books that circulated during the greeting/appetizer hour at the beginning and the dessert/dancing hour at the end.
Each book has 160 pages, twenty of those would have been too much.


** A few of you have asked about the printing.  I printed my files onto waterproof paper and then glued them on to the covers/bindings of the books. **


17 comments:

katie jo said...

this. is. awesome.

Brianna {four if by sea} said...

AWESOME idea! thanks for sharing :)

Simple Dwellings said...

What an amazing idea! They will always treasure those books. :)

Scott & Adie said...

I love these. What a great timeless keepsake! This idea could be adapted to other occasions too.

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

That is an awesome idea! What a beautiful and unique keepsake!

Ashlee said...

So Classy! How did you get the writing onthe covers and the spines?

Jennie Smithson said...

love!!

Erika Gregory said...

What a great idea. Willdefinitely share with my bridal clients and friends......

minn24 said...

Does each 'link cover' have the book title on it or how does that work?? THIS IS ADORABLE!!! Thanks for sharing!

Swirls of Happy said...

LOVE this idea!!!!

besterk said...

awesome idea! I am going to keep this in mind when I get married!

http://youngdiy.blogspot.com/

Sherry said...

O my gosh. Where was this when I was getting married??? LOVE it!! They'll be so pretty sitting on a shelf or coffee table in their home too! Genius!

http://sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com/

J + M said...

LOVE this idea -martha always knows best.

We did something similar at our wedding but not as polished. I love incorporating personality into the guest book!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

never thought of this. it is actually a smart idea! thanks for sharing :)
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Paige Bischoff said...

Super cute idea! Wish I would have done this for my wedding!

Mece said...

What a cute idea!

Zane Wooder said...

This reminds me of year books that you would get in school. Nothing is better then being able to remember a great day like your wedding with something cute like this.

-Zane of ontario honey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...