Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

This cookie is one of our very favorites!
My friend Brooke (who is an amazing baker) first made it for me, and at first I turned it down - I'm not big on marshmallows. But she assured me I better give them a try, and good thing she did!
These things are unreal.

Here is my recipe that I've been using, not sure if it is exactly right? 

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

1 box chocolate cake mix
(this is the only cookie that I make with cake mix, and I prefer it to homemade versions I've tried?!)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 bag large marshmallows

Ghiradelli Sweet Ground Chocolate and Cocoa powder
(Follow recipe for chocolate frosting on back.
You can use any chocolate frosting recipe, but I always use homemade and I love the taste of Ghiradelli.)

Mix all ingredients together and place balls of dough on greased cookie sheet.
(I like my cookies to be small so that marshmallow is in every bite.  I use a scoop that is about 1" wide)
Bake in 350 degree oven for about 6 minutes.

While baking, cut large marshmallows in half.
Take cookies out of oven at 6 minutes and place one half of marshmallow - sticky (cut) side down!
Bake in oven for additional 2 minutes.

Marshmallows will come out puffy, I gently smash them down with spatula, then transfer to cooling rack.

Make desired chocolate frosting.
Frost tops of cookies.
And enjoy!

I like them way more the day of, and Dan likes them the day after.
Day of: gooey and doesn't taste like a marshmallow out of the bag
Day after: hardened frosting and marshmallow is like out of bag



16 comments:

Katie said...

Yay -- Thanks for sharing; I can't wait to try this recipe!

travelkate said...

That looks so delicious! I can't wait try this out!

Lily said...

Omg ! Those look beyond amazing !! Thanks for sharing.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Lisa said...

These look so good!!! The problem with making them is I would probably eat the whole batch...I have the biggest sweet tooth these days.

Emily said...

oh wow these look delicious!
xoox em

Audrey Crisp said...

So glad you posted this. Thanks! Looks dank!

Danielle said...

oh my god. yum

C and B said...

wow, those look delish. i'm making those soon! thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

Cason and Marie said...

Yummy! You need to post those chocolate cookies with the rolos in the middle. (you made them one time when I came over to "hang out" one time in ut at your old house :) ) So yummy!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Me and chocolate are BFF's, so this recipe is headed for my personal recipe book. Looks so good! Thanks for sharing!

Tereza said...

ohh my they look so good! will have to make some soon, thanks :)

Chrissy said...

I love and hate you for giving me this recipe a while back...hahaha

A Sunday Kind Of Love said...

yay!!!! thank you thank you thank you! i hope to try this very soon :)

brooke said...

Love these...I'll have to email you a recipe for chocolate cookies that I love. Its a nice change sometimes from the cake mix. But Tyson still loves these the best!
I promise to bring choc-caramel-pretzels to our next lunch date.

Lisa said...

These remind me of those mallomar cookies but even better because yours are chocolaty to the max. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-14_22.html

Adam and Brittany said...

I just made these and they are delicious! Thanks for the yummy recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...