Friday, March 25, 2011

a much needed week

don't judge me, I'll do anything to make this girl happy, and all presley wanted was lots of photos with "funny faces".
and could you just die over her expressions?! love her.

It's been a good week.
Dan, my honey, is now a full time student again getting his MBA, and he had a week long quarter break so we decided to get out of town.
Presley got a bad cough, but other than that it has been cozy relaxing bliss!
It was some much needed time just the three of us away from work and worries.
Hope you all enjoy a lovely weekend!

Book update:  Thank you thank you (!!!) for all the book recommendations!  Most of us are loving the same books, and I now have so many more on my list of "to read".  I decided to go with a classic, Jane Eyre. (thank you Katherine!)  But, of course, I can't just buy it from the bookstore I want to get the penguin classic edition so that it will look even prettier on my bookshelf when it's all read!  So I am heading to Borders now to get a good read while it is in the mail. 

See you Monday!

9 comments:

Caroline @ Between Your Ears said...

I absolutely LOVE the Penguin Classics designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith! I actually blogged about her here: http://betweenyourears.tumblr.com/post/4001749854/collecting

Also, she's debuting another series in April called Great Food! Also so pretty and Stepford-Wife-esque (but without the creepy robots)!

Karena said...

Adorable photos and I love hearing about your family Nicole!

I just picked up the second in the series of The girl with a Dragon Tatoo!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Katie said...

Be sure to let us know what you think of Jane Eyre -- It's always been a favorite of mine ... Hope you enjoy it! (It's ESPECIALLY good when the weather is gloomy.)

Katherine Fajen said...

I am so glad you are going with Jane Eyre, I have absolutely loved it. I have about 30 pages left and will likely finish it this weekend. The movie is coming to the Broadway Theater in SLC on April 1st so I will be there! ENJOY!

Lily said...

How cute. Presley is adorable!

xxLily
goldandgray.blogspot.com

sarah marie. said...

so sad we couldn't get together! but i'm glad you had a nice week of relaxation.

Shannon "Fuller" Davis said...

I am rolling at these pics. Pres is trying to pull your face in every shot. I love it. Miss you girl. Not the same without you around these parts.

Also, I want to borrow Water for Elephants from you.

brooke said...

you have such a beautiful family! i also LOVED your home tour post and i am going to attempt to recreate your chevron fireplace painting this week. thanks for the inspiration!!

charminglychesney said...

i just love the photobooth pictures of you all! just darlin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...