Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Craft



I can't believe it is February first. This last month has been a whirlwind for us. A lot to adjust to and a lot of stress. It didn't feel like your typical start of the new year, making goals sort of January. So I am thankful for the first of February! I need a reason to start into all of my resolutions and a new month just might be it. Have any of you had a weird January?

This wreath I actually started at a craft night a year ago! We took a wreath and wrapped it in red yarn, and then made an assortment of felt embellishments. I had made some already and brought out my wreath to make more and put it together at a craft night this year, but I just wasn't liking how mine was turning out. So, I scrapped all of my little pretties and went for one gigantic pink bow. I like how it feels a bit Kate Spade. And I always love red and pink together. This craft is super easy and packs a lot of punch. I did another little heart craft I'll share on another day.

Happy February! I love this month, and can't wait to do sweet little things for my two sweethearts - (Dan and Presley)


21 comments:

Chrissy said...

Love the bow, great idea!

Taylor Renee said...

So cute! I agree on the Kate Spade

Lovin That! said...

Love that, thanks for sharing! I feel like I might have had a similar month to you, lots of change and stress. New preschool, new childcare, new job responsibilities... very glad to see February!!

sarah, flourish design + style said...

Love that, it is totally Kate Spade esque.. it's gorgeous! x

tiffany garfield photography said...

love how it turned out...simple and so cute, and totally kate spade-ish. leave it up to you to just pull something together and make it look awesome--i'm not surprised at all. :)

Mallory said...

totally agree on the Jan. thing. What was with that month? February is already looking better!! your wreath is lovely!

sarah marie. said...

this is darling! i think i'm going to do it..

Kari said...

so cute...we'll have one soon hanging from our door!

Emma (Glitter and Gold) said...

ooohhh I cant wait to give this a try - I love the red and pink combo! Thanks for the Feb pick-me-up.

www.glitterandgoldblog.blogspot.com

Ann said...

So pretty...

carissa said...

this is pretty! I have been reading your blog for a bit now and I love it!
I'm with you... I have had a weird january, february is starting off great!

objectsofwhimsy said...

very nice against the blue/grey

Melissa said...

Way cute and for sure looks like Kate Spade!!

.caroline armelle. said...

very cute! i really need to make a valentine's wreath too!

Lauren said...

I am jealous of your craft nights. That wreath is darling.

Candice said...

Very cute Nicci. Might just have to take a few things off the ones we made last year and add a bow.

JK said...

I just found your blog vie Young House Love! And I love it! Your style is lovely and I can imagine designing rooms in our home after yours! Love the wreath too!

Jack Canfield quotes said...

Cute wreath!

Erica said...

Hey there- saw you over at Hare Styling. LOVE your kitchen/home. Happy to say I'm follower 300. :) Erica
ps- the wreath is darling too!

http://moth-design.blogspot.com/

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the Kate Spade look of it! Yeah!

Kelly Krugh said...

Love this wreath- very Kate Spade!!! New follower- I'm loving your blog!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...