Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY: Felt Wreath


Last week a couple of friends and I got together for a craft night.
Obviously I am obsessed with crafting and felt this holiday season - I can't get enough.
These wreaths were super easy and props to Ashly for figuring out how to make them!

What you'll need:
Styrofoam wreath (or any wreath base)
Felt, one color or multiple
Hot glue gun
Any embellishments


Cut your felt into a square
These do not need to be perfect, I liked that mine were all different sizes.


Fold in half and cut a half circle


Cut slits into half circle getting pretty close to the center.
Once again, I made 4-5 slits, it can differ


I used white, creme, and grey


After cutting all of my circles, I used a pencil to glue the felt to the wreath.
First, wrap the felt around the eraser end, and generously dot with glue gun.


Then push the felt into the styrofoam and hold to let dry.


I wanted to put glittered birds and what nots in mine, but didn't find what I was looking for,
so I made a Happy Holidays sign and placed that in the middle.


Hope that tutorial helps!

20 comments:

Melissa said...

I need to try this! How pretty and simple

Candice said...

I need to make one. Love it.

Katherine Fajen said...

That looks so simple and the finished result is darling! Great color choices.

pollydove said...

What a darling idea!!! YES, the tutorial pics helped immensely! LOVE this!

Sarah Casas Gardner said...

SO glad that you posted this. I saw your pic on FB and wanted to make it that second. so cute.

-m- said...

thanks for the tutorial! I am going to try it out:)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

It looks really really pretty. I love the colors you used and think I'm going to do this after Christmas, for winter!

lisaroyhandbags said...

I love this - so simple and so chic! love the addition of grey with the white and cream :)

Jennie Smithson said...

soo pretty nicole! love it!

Kirsten said...

This is gorgeous! I love it! So glad you shared the DIY for this.

Carolynn and Corby said...

Does posting a tutorial make it kosher for me to copy you in all things? I'm pretty sure you will see felt wreath and garland at my house next Christmas.

Kelsey said...

I've seen so many cute felt wreaths on blogs recently, I like the fact that you didn't use Christmas colors. I've been looking for something that I can keep up for most of the winter months. I think I like your wreath best. Thank you for the tutorial.

Bridget said...

LOVE it

Candice said...

I love the white/cream/grey wreath but it won't show up well on my white door. Dang! Maybe if I selected some warmer colors.

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

I might have to try this! Love the color combo!

Felt-o-rama said...

Beautiful wreath! This would be the perfect project for anytime of year using different colors. I've included a link to your project from my blog :)

brittany said...

love wreaths and love felt- and love your blog :) thanks for the tutorial on it!...erica mentioned making a wreath with some girls and i am guessing it was this one

Emily Wilson said...

I love this! (and your beautiful blog!) I dont think I have time to conquor this before Christmas but it would be the perfect activity for mom, my sister, and me to work on with some coffee by the tree after the crazieness is over! Thanks for the detailed instructions!

Emily Wilson said...

I love this! (and your beautiful blog!) I dont think I have time to conquor this before Christmas but it would be the perfect activity for mom, my sister, and me to work on with some coffee by the tree after the crazieness is over! Thanks for the detailed instructions!

Shea Hawkins said...

Nicole, I loved this idea so much I HAD to try it! It is breathtakingly beautiful and even shared it on my own blog. I couldn't resist adding some sparkles to mine. Thanks for the great idea!
http://brittnyshea.wordpress.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...