Friday, November 19, 2010

White Chicken Chili

It is chilly outside and I am loving it! Finally some good fall weather.
I thought I'd share what we've been enjoying this week.
One of my favorite soups that my friend made for me and I've been hooked ever since!

White Chicken Chili

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tsp garlic powder
1 TBSP olive oil
48 ounces Great Northern Beans (drained and rinsed)
1 1/2 c. chicken broth
8 ounces chopped green chiles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup light sour cream
½ cup whipping cream (I use half & half)

Boil chicken and shred. Saute’ onions in oil with Garlic Powder. Add beans, broth, chiles and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes (uncovered). Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve

I like mine sprinkled with grated sharp cheddar cheese and Trader Joe's Multigrain Tortilla Chips.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Emily Curfew said...

this is one of my favorite dinners too! Perfect for when the weather is cold. yum!

Lauren said...

i just posted a very similar recipe earlier this week! this sounds yummy too--- i have to try it.

Leigh said...

Is this spicy? I made some this weekend and it was too bland for my taste. Perhaps I will try your recipe!

Kerstin said...

my mom and I have been looking for a great white chicken chili recipe - others we have tried are so bland but it looks like you have the perfect amount of added flavor! I hope to try it soon and will let you know how it turns out, thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

This is one of my favs. I usually double the recipe and freeze half, so I can always have it on hand! A perfect fall meal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...