Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Pecan Topping


My mom and I went to a cooking class at Sur La Table yesterday afternoon.
It was a lot of fun, and definitely educational.
I had to share with you my favorite recipe for your Thanksgiving table!
This recipe was adapted from bon appetit.



Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes & Yams with Pecan Topping

4 pounds mixed yams and sweet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1 inch thick rounds
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
pinch of salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) chilled butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup packed golden brown sugar
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter 9x13" glass baking dish. Place yams and sweet potatoes in your food processor with a sliced setting, remove thinly sliced yams and potatoes and place in baking dish.

Mix yams, sweet potatoes, and maple syrup. Season with a pinch of salt. Dot with 3 tablespoons of butter. Cover and bake until yams and sweet potatoes are almost tender, about 25 minutes.

Mix flour, brown sugar, remaining 5 tablespoons butter and pecans in food processor. Sprinkle mixture atop of yams and sweet potatoes. Bake until tender, about 15-20 minutes.



I loved the texture and flavor of these roasted yams!! They were delicious!
Enjoy.

5 comments:

Lovin That! said...

Yum! I'm hosting Christmas dinner this year for the first time so will try this out. Thanks for sharing...

Erica said...

You may have just saved my mom's sweet potato idea! She bought both and didn't know what to do with them! What a great idea to mix them!

kacy said...

YUM! This sounds amazing! I will put this on my list of things to try. How was the cooking class? Ive always thought they looked fun! worth it?

little petite said...

Sounds so tasty! I just might have to make these for dinner one night. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Doing a bit of blog hopping.... so glad I stopped in.

This recipe sounds devine!! Thank ya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...