Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Gallery Wall Addition

We added to our gallery wall.
We use this wall as our "travel wall"
We hope to fill in every frame with a different trip eventually.
(until then we have them filled with trips and family photos)
It is a fun way to tell our story and our travels!
I went back and forth about doing this for a few months now,
and Dan gave me the push to do it.
So we did, and I love it!


Here is a before shot:

Frames from Ikea.
Mats hand cut by me, and you can tell.
Invest in professionally cut mats. please.

12 comments:

Megan Daly said...

Stunning! truly. LOVE IT. such a great idea, at a great price.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Looks great! We put up our gallery wall last year and it is still my favourite thing in the house- they add such warmth and character:)

Anonymous said...

Have you seen pictureframes.com? You can order mats cut to your specifications (and then use them in standard size frames). It's awesome and VERY reasonable! Highly recommend.

Sarah said...

I'm a huge fan of gallery walls and I love this theme idea - very cute!

Megan said...

This looks wonderful; I love the simplicity of the frames and the placement!

No.35style said...

love this...i have pictures of places that i need to frame and want to do it as a big gallery wall grouping.65

the waites said...

love love love

i wanna do this...oh wait you have to have a house first and not live at your parents:)

i thought of you while watching gossip girl, what a fun trip!

Amanda said...

Hi Nicole, I love your gallery wall and the way you've added to it to create your feature over both walls. The frames with the wide mats look really effective and I love your idea of the wall displaying all your holiday snaps. I'd love to try something similar one day.

Jen Schenk said...

What a great way to add personality to your home. It is so pretty!

ashley schmutz said...

it's BEAUTIFUL! i love it! don't you LOVE ikea frames?

Anonymous said...

just curious, are the frames brown or black? They are lovely!

Jen said...

I love this idea for a travel wall. It looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...