Monday, August 2, 2010

picnic at the beach

One of our favorite things to do 
is have a dinner picnic at the beach
all summer long!
I have been loving this recipe lately, 
and thought I'd share.
(it is perfect for a picnic - super easy to pack and prep)


Quarter a head of iceberg lettuce (I've also tried butter lettuce and it was great), 
and top with a zesty blue cheese vinaigrette.

3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered into wedges

1. Whisk together vinegar, shallot, and mustard.  Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified.  Whisk in half the blue cheese.  Season with salt.
2.  Arrange lettuce wedges on a platter.  Drizzle with vinaigrette.  Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese, and season with pepper.
Note:  I added chopped baby heirloom tomatoes and it was delish!

Enjoy!

recipe from martha stewart

3 comments:

La said...

yum. so when we go have picnic dinner at the beach with you guys, you bring this salad and i'll bring french bread and drinks. mmmkay??

nicole me oh my! said...

yes please!

Melissa said...

Nicole, just checked out your blog (saw the address on your email), what a great blog! You are so talented. Your house is gorgeous! Hope you don't mind me putting up a link to it on my blog...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...