Monday, May 24, 2010

DIY: Anthro Planters


I have loved this garden planter above from anthro for a while now, but didn't want to fork out $40!


then one day I saw this at homegoods - $9.99 are you out of your mind?


So, I bought a can of cream textured spray paint, and gave my planter it's first coat.


I then sprayed the planter with white spray paint
(I always have cans of white laying around)


Then back a few more times with the texture spray. This time concentrating more on where I wanted thicker texture - at the base and at some of the angles on top.


Here is the finished product!
Of course the anthro one is much prettier, but these pass the test - especially mixed in with the other plants!

15 comments:

marykaye said...

LOVE it!! so pretty...

Katie said...

They look awesome!! I bet you could make them look even more like the Anthro ones by putting a brown glaze on them. I love them just plain white though!

Marcus and Amy said...

Nicole, you are so stinkin' creative! I love it!

Stephanie said...

Yours look beautiful! I love Anthro and I love even more an Anthro-inspired project that is affordable! :)

Emily Curfew said...

isn't homegoods the best? your garden looks so serene and pretty. you must be so happy looking at it everyday.

Ashly said...

LOVE it..great find!!!

L. Collins said...

They look so pretty I just love them with all of the other flowers! Great idea!

bazaarofserendipity said...

aww they look adorable! Dont ya just love homegoods. I can drop lots of cash there!

www.bazaarofserendipity.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

Looks beautiful. I love the succulents that you have on the patio too.

becky said...

i love it! would you mind telling me what plants you used, besides the succulents? or are all of them those? gorgeous!

Chrissy said...

love this

chelsea said...

you are the craftiest person i know

Ashly said...

I am impressed. They are seriously like the exact same shape, how lucky is that?? Good work girl...they are darling!!! Your little garden is growing and oh so cute.

p.s. LOVED our matching outfits today again...you have impeccable taste!

paula said...

they look gorgeous! I would love to see more of your garden.

dulci said...

adorable!!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...