Tuesday, April 27, 2010

touches of black

I spent a lot of this weekend with a can of high gloss black paint.
(Martha Stewart Silhouette)
I started out with finally painting our powder bath.
I kept holding out for wallpaper, but I might as well paint the walls until that day comes.
Above is a sneak peek of our now black bath, with my DIY chandelier and vintage mirror.
And below is a before and after of our patio dining chairs.
These were passed down to me years ago from my mom,
I am loving them in a glossy black!
I can't wait to finish both spaces.

before

after

10 comments:

S & H said...

Ok so I am so loving the black but what I can't get over are those little white chairs on your patio. The detail work looks like a peacock feather to me. Where did you find those?

Emily C said...

wow! your DIY chandelier is awesome!! did you blow your own glass? would love to see how you made it. :)

bazaarofserendipity said...

Everything looks sooo amazing! :)

Lauren said...

I love the chairs!
I can't wait to see a full shot of the bathroom!

Lisa said...

Nicci, the black glossy paint in the powder room with the gold mirror... Le sigh! I love it.

Whenever I have a place to live will you help me make it look good?

nicole me oh my! said...

I found baby girl's patio chairs at homegoods! they were a steal, and I agree, I think they are darling.

Lisa, obvi.

I didn't blow the glass of the chandelier, I just constructed it. The bulbs are recycled glass from CB2. It was a really fun project!

other-option said...

I thought those were the CB2 bulbs - I've had that DIY chandelier tutorial in my files now forever, you have inspired me to give it a whirl!!! Like the others, I'd lvoe to see more of the chandelier!
- Danielle

Chrissy said...

Love the high gloss black!

Sarah said...

I am an white, on white, on white kind of girl, but I have just started experimenting with touches of black too and I have to say it is pretty awesome. Love the glossy walls! Also, just found your blog. so cute! I love your style.

Risa West said...

want to add my love of the black with the gold mirror, and love that you painted a room black.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...