Tuesday, April 20, 2010

get your greens

I am trying to incorporate more greens in our diet.
I have realized I can't get myself to go on a diet, so I am trying to fill myself with a ton of veggies and fruits, in hopes I won't be hungry for all the junk.
wish me/us luck.
Here is one of my favorites, and it is so so easy!


You will need:
1 bunch of asparagus
extra virgin olive oil
feta cheese
raw walnuts
freshly ground salt and pepper

Directions:
Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
Place asparagus on cookie sheet and roll in a little drizzle of olive oil.
bake for 6-8 minutes.
Remove and top with feta cheese and chopped walnuts.
Top with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy!


side note:  presley will munch on these too!  and I also like to add a squeeze of lemon sometimes.

4 comments:

caitlin wilson said...

yum. looks so delish!

Candice, Michael, Jordy and Ty said...

Haven't tried it with the walnuts. I will have to do that next time. Sounds yummy. Now can you just come over and cook it instead of me?

Chrissy said...

I'm on the same program, love this recipe!

Emily C said...

Made this tonight. Simple and delish. Thx for the idea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...